Grandma Chic

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I've always been a lover of vintage. First, through sheer necessity (thrifting via broke actress status), then through the pure unadulterated thrill of the hunt, find and score!

I'm proud to say that every item I'm wearing here is vintage and/or thrift.
There's something so cool about the way this top flows...
And I knew straight away that it needed to be tucked into an ultra streamlined skirt.
The purse was found years ago, and I fell in love with the hot pink hue and long strap. I felt it needed a little something extra though, so I splattered it with acrylic paint ( along with a few other items, and some new ones that I'm currently creating to put up on my etsy shop!)
I found these leopard babies over a month ago and was psyched because I knew I'd wear the heck out of them. I personally think they go with everything!
Oh ya, and the earrings... Grandma's.
(Easy messy braided pony: Wrap a braid around your hair band & secure with bobby's.)
P.S. - currently jonesing for another thrift shop. Off to a meeting, then maybe a quick stop? (Shhh... don't tell the hubs!!)

xx