Film For Fashion

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

There are those films to watch simply for the fashion, the ones that can be playing in the background on mute, with your favorite tunes blaring, champagne in hand, as you get ready for a night out on the town. Nothing is inspiring like moving art ~ fashion translation through film. This obsession of mine started with the movie Clueless when I was in high school. (Wasn't Alicia fabulous?)

There are the obvious choices, Devils Wears Prada, Breakfast at Tiffany's, of course - but check out this fab little British film starring the late Brittany Murphy. I have always LOVED this girl and think she was so incredibly talented that it made my soul ACHE when she passed. It felt like a friend had died. I don't know why. I met her only twice and was so taken by her petite, charming, stylish ways...



I'm a big fan of a strong cat eye (I wear it almost every day) and sharp, crisp bangs. Classic stuff, ladies. And the way she pulls off leggings, slippers and a white button down shirt... not to mention the sparkle!... (sigh)

Anyway, check it. Love and Other Disasters. ~ Yes, her character is obsessed with Holly Golightly and matchmaking to boot, but her wardrobe is a perfectly thought out mix of modern plays on our beloved vintage Tiffany's film. And although released in 2006, it still holds true to form.

We miss you Brittany. xx