Homemade Taco Seasoning

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Perhaps it's my muy caliente Mexicana side, but several times a month I simply need me some Mexican food. (See a favorite family recipe here)

I really wanted tacos the other night, but we were out of the usual seasoning packets I use.
Out of desperation, I searched online and found this recipe here. I loved how colorful and pretty the seasoning looked while mixing it together, so I thought I'd share. 

I made a few alterations to the recipe because I didn't have everything, but it totally worked! I will suggest that you add flour for thickness and to be careful when replacing seasonings. I added a Roasted Garlic & Herb spice instead of cumin, which made it a little saltier than I would have liked. Next time I'll add more chili powder for spice as well. 

Deliciosa!