Vintage Lace Dress - oh, yes!

Friday, April 26, 2013




I feel like it's time to get back to my vintage loving roots. It's been too long. The obsession is still there, but life has gotten in the way. I used to LIVE for this stuff! (See some vintage posts here.) It's so inspiring to find something from the past (for mere dollars) and have the vision to bring it into the present.

I've had this vintage lace dress in my closet for over three years now. I knew when I found it (in a sale bin on Abbot Kinney, marked down from $250 to $20) that I would love it. It's heavy, it's beautifully detailed, it's meticulously lined with gorgeous fabric, it has the cutest little bow in the back, and it's in mint condition. 

I was newly inspired when I saw this lace dress in Lucky Magazine recently. Very Valentino Spring right? I love the idea of mixing something so girly and feminine with more structured pieces, like the silver sandals and graphic bag shown.

Just as soon as my tailor is back from vacation - it's on! Stay tuned...