Sunday Finds ~ Ralph & Vintage & Houndstooth, oh my!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Remember when I found this houndstooth skirt here? I've been dying for an opportunity to wear it, and finally got to do so on one of our breezier days in LA.
I was so inspired when I found this pic of the iconic Brigitte Bardot (on my Pinterest here) that it sort of re-ignited my love of wide headbands. (Also quite helpful when growing out bangs.)
This baby has pockets and a nipped in waist that makes tucking in thin sweaters, that much more flattering.
I felt pretty feminine and flirty the entire day, and choosing my most comfortable Banana Republic Mary Jane's made the stepping a bit lighter too, even when chasing after a two year old.
Ready for my scores from yesterday?!

OK, I don't like to brag but... who am I kidding, I LOVE to brag.  Ralph Lauren hand knit sweater, with tags still on for 1/2 price of $7.50. That's $3.75 people. Three-seventy-five. Oh the color's so pretty!

And on the dollar rack, just waiting for me to spot her and take 'er on home... an adorable pale blue a-line skirt, circa Mad Men, me thinks?
 Have you ever seen a prettier label in your life?
Ahhh... happiness. Have a fabulous week, my loves!

10 comments:

  1. I love your first look and I wear those wide headbands a lot....even when not really considered "in style." The houndstooth will work anytime...great look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is so feminine, it fits you beautifully, can't think of better shoes than Mary jane's to go with it!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love that skirt on you! Very Mad Men <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that skirt!! Can't believe it was on the dollar rack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit. So ladylike, especially with the headband.

    www.geekettegazette.com
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great finds for sure! Love the houndstooth skirt! And the blue skirt reminds of Mad Men too..love that show!

    XOXO
    Shels
    http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love you in this hounds-tooth skirt, T! So retro chic, so gorg! :)

    Love your vintage finds too... that Saks skirt is true vintage at it's best and that pretty blue Ralph knit is fabulous too!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The outfit is a classic and those finds are to die for. All in all a good round :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx