Sunday Finds (Tuesday) Morning - perfect jeans & pretty fall things!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

There's just something about finding a good pair of jeans. And I've been having a lot of luck finding French Connection (one of my all-time fave labels) via thrift lately.
I found these buttery soft jeans, that fit more like trousers, while traveling last month. They were at the Somerville Buffalo Exchange and had me out $10 (which is a lot for my shopping excursions!) but I simply could not pass them up.
The shirt is a vintage find from a few shops back, that I'm absolutely in love with. It fits really well and couldn't be a happier match to tuck into slightly higher-waisted, wide-leg jeans.
Happy to be back in my own neck of the thrifting woods, and back in $1 Sunday business. I found some major fall scores:

Contemporary:

French Connection gray cashmere shell $3.25: I told you I was having luck with French Connection lately! It's in mint condition and pretty classic. I know I'll wear it for a long time. (Did you read the article I wrote for Secondhand Star here about thrift shopping and how to spot the gems? Cashmere is always good.)
J Crew Wool Trousers $1.00: I am going to wear the hell out of these this winter. It really doesn't get any better than this in the thrifting "score" department.

Taylor Dress $1.00: I'm not really sure what or where this dress is from, but it was a buck and I like it. It may not look like anything now, but I have visions of Eddleman clogs and a black spiked belt to spice it up.

True Vintage

Houndstooth Skirt $2.25: Classic, classic. And the fit is divine. Hurry up colder weather!
Wooden Bangles $2.00 each: I've been seriously into wooden bracelets lately. They look really cool on their own, or piled and stacked on top of one another.
Have a fabulous week, loves!