A shapeless dress (a la Manrepeller) and dressing for your girlfriends

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Do you have that one dress or one item in your closet that only our girlfriends can appreciate? The straight men in our lives sometimes don't quite understand what we're going for because it may seem "shapeless" or too "fashion forward". Well, I have that item and I'm in LOVE with it.


I inherited it from a clothing exchange and the vibrant gold/yellow color was such a show-stopper, I'm glad I grabbed it on my way out the door. 


My friend who gave it to me said her husband wasn't a huge fan, and I got the same reaction from my dude. I think they prefer the more form-fitting, feminine stuff (see my previous post, which he loved) and which I can understand and love to wear as well, but this hybrid sack/cape shape is just so easy, chic and comfortable!


And I think... as long as you wear this shape with heels to add some contrast, and wear it with confidence - you too can rock this look!


It actually feels like how I'd like to dress in my fantasy world... avante garde, a slight nod to Japanese style, with heavy art influence. 


But for now I'll just be happy with taking this dress out for a spin when I'm in the mood!




Plus, your fashion-loving girlfriends who will go ga ga over something so bold. And I personally dress more for them sometimes... don't you?

Hope you found some fashion confidence and inspiration!

Dress - COS
Heels - Zara
Necklace - Banana Republic 
Purse - Vintage

Photos & Art direction by Steffi Neth for SKCN Design