Skinny Tricks

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You gotta have a couple up your sleeve, girls. And no, I'm not talking about anything dangerous or just plain torturous. I'm talkin' sweets... yummy yummy treats that make you feel like you're being naughty, when you're really being nice.

Super Easy Chocolate or Spice Cake Muffins:
1 - 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
1 - Box of chocolate or spice cake mix




That's it. No eggs, no oil, nothing else. Don't add any ingredients that the package calls for. Just the powdered stuff, and a can of pumpkin. Make sure to get real, plain pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix.

Mix the batter

Fill batter in cupcake tins

Bake as directed

Enjoy.

They taste like chocolate cake. No lies. And it's basically ALL fiber from the pumpkin.

I can't take credit for this one. My sister-in-law, Karin (shout out, Kar! Woot woot!) changed her body and her life with Weight Watchers and gave me this recipe when I was trying to lose the baby weight. Even though I'm back in my size 2 jeans, (with the help of WW and the trusty elliptical trainer) I still devour these things. They keep you skinny, I swear. Because I have such a sweet tooth, I NEED to have things on hand that satisfy, and I've never been one to deprive myself.

This is not delicatessen, folks. It's an easy and quick-fix. ~ I'll leave the gourmet stuff to my incredibly talented friend over at The Chirpy Bird to create to-die-for, handmade, sinful desserts ~ (which SHOULD be enjoyed from time to time, because LIFE IS TOO DAMN SHORT!)

But try this little recipe. I promise you won't be sorry. And neither will that perky little tush of yours.