French Girl in Mar Vista

Monday, November 15, 2010

OK, so I'm not really French. Well, scratch that - I am a little bit. Probably somewhere in the tenth percentile on my father's side.  But you never really know, do you?
Speaking of, have you guys caught the PBS series Faces of America?  It's a genealogical project following the history of some of our beloved celebs...  (Genealogy - yet another thing on my To Do list!!)
Anyway, one of my favorite things to do over the weekend is to look for Farmer's Markets to buy fresh produce for the upcoming week.
The problem is, if they're cool markets, they tend to get overcrowded and saturated with too many unnecessary trinkets.

Which is why my family and I were super excited to find one (in a secret spot in Mar Vista!) that offers the delicious basics (and enough space to actually walk around and enjoy it!)
We found some gorgeous heirloom tomatoes that we cut up with a perfectly ripe avocado, and drizzled with balsamic later that night. Delish!
I'm loving these crisp, cool nights and the anticipation for everything winter based, aren't you?
And it was literally like Christmas when I pulled out a forgotten bag of winter clothes bearing gifts of sweaters, coats, and red berets alike!

Yet another reason I love packing away by season ~ sometimes it's a happy surprise when you forget!

Striped turtleneck - Club Monaco
Thrifted sunglasses

27 comments:

  1. aw i love this outfit, it is achingly cool! The red beret really adds a splash of colour (stating the obvious) but such a small item really livens things up. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome outfit. It's fun to feel french! you pull it off well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shoes !
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this outfit is so lovely and you are truly gorgeous!

    http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so smart! Looking sharp too!

    Ciao!
    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, I have a little bit of a Frenchie look going today too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, us francophiles must stick close together :) i am just itching for the crisp weather to arrive so i can immerse myself in my yummy cashmere sweaters and charming peacoats - and berets!
    xo,
    sylvie of silver lining

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stripes look so good with the red hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this parisian look! i have a top similar to that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love unpacking clothes for a new season, I always find something I love that I had forgotten about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute entry! love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO ready for winter, but it's like 85* here today! Uncommonly warm for the Bay Area. I'm staring at my boots longingly.

    Red is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I just love farmer's markets too! We have one here in town and I went for the first time a few week's ago with my boyfriend- I nearly had a field day, and had to remind myself over and over not to just buy things because they looked yummy, but get things I could actually eat before they all went bad.

    The beret looks adorable on you too :)

    XXXO
    M

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look amazing in that red hat!
    XOXO,

    Find out all celebrity fashion and were to get it http://outfitidentifier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the red cap! And you look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That color hat looks amazing on you. You should totally wear it more often. The tomatoes and the avacado sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. You are so beautiful with amazing style. I'm following now!

    kisses from Rome♥
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love the beret!! you are gorgeous!

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cute!!!!

    xx Marina

    http://malibuananas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yum that does sound delish.

    Just love that top and beret.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...