Lacy number

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Well, the weather has finally given in and mornings are spent huddled up by the heater, sipping coffee and dreaming up ways to make the upcoming holidays special.
I was so inspired when I ran across this image from Bazaar, that I've been trying to find a way to recreate the look (if not the dreamy mood entirely.)
So I was thrilled when I stumbled upon this lace shirt at Out of the Closet the other day.  The color is a bit too "white white" so I'm thinking of tea dying it. Additionally, I'll remove the shoulder pads and take the elastic out of the waist.
The best part? It was only $1, so if I screw it up I'll recover just fine.

I mentioned here, in my tutorial on how to thrift shop, that it's OK to go in looking for a certain piece, but stay open to other things that might catch your eye.  Something that inspired you months ago, may just be staring up at you from the dollar bin.