Holiday Look/Porter Shorts

Thursday, December 9, 2010

This style of porter short is my absolute fave, because it can be worn so many ways. This look is a bit casual for most holiday parties, but could certainly be dressed up!
I'd rock it with a major statement jacket, and dark tights out to a holiday concert at the Hotel Cafe.
These thrifted shorts were originally knee length, with too much fabric for even the longest legs!
So my design partner and I hacked them off, she tailored them to perfection, and they became such a darling little piece. (How adorable is that little patch detail?)
Tips for shopping this look in thrift: 
  • The key is to find shorts that fit well on your waist. 
  • If you have good tailoring skills (or a good tailor!) they can be taken in, but the ease is in just having to hem the length!
  • There are so many options at thrift stores, as the look of yester-years lends to this current trend in shape. Keep your eyes peeled for high waisted, detailed gems!
  • Know what you're looking for and go in inspired!
Here were some of my inspirations:

19 comments:

  1. great short....
    http://blondpantheretlouboutin.blogspot.com/2010/12/super-collection-de-t-shirt-pour-toutes.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look especially on you! Where did you get your black top? I've been looking for the perfect long sleeve black top that I can mix and match all winter long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the piping on the pocket.

    I recently shortened a pair of mens trousers. Perfect with matching jacket and all for 12.00

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute... the red makes me want to add a leopard scarf :)

    GIVEAWAY: Patricia Field Glovettes & Chain Vest Necklace!
    http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 2 last one photos *_*
    You look very gorgeous!

    http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look, and I definitely agree, these shorts would be perfect with some dark tights.
    The weekend is almost here!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how this look goes together, and great hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I adore those shorts! What a great festive piece! Too cute! Have a lovely weekend!




    Carissa
    http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the color of the shorts! very cute!

    kristinhassan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit!! and that hairdo suits you a lot!!!

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much guys! This is my go-to hardo at the mo. I will admit it's just out of laziness sometimes!!

    Meyssa - the black top is from Zara fall!

    And Bella - I'm so proud of your thrift shop! Doesn't $12 beat $1200? AND you will have a unique piece too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute shorts love the socks and shoes too

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Dramatic! Great Inspiration!

    Ciao
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you found me! Love your style, and blog. Your silhouettes are perfect! Did you live in Michigan at one point? (feel free to use e-mail if you dont want to comment trade haha, lovecharlesvintage@gmail.com)
    I'm following from now on! We'll have to collaborate at some point.
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sandals, and all the pictures,i like your style.kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...