Mother Denim ~ My new jean crush

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

On my last day in wine country, I found myself stumbling aimlessly through a quaint little street called Healdsburg Avenue. My initial intent was to find a thrift or vintage store to scour some local goods, (duh) but after the barista frothing my soy chai instructed me due north for vintage treasures to be found, only to arrive at a vintage cabinetry store... I figured I'd just give up and shop retail.
Caffeinated, carbonated, (I also had a diet coke) and with two hours to kill, I was pulled in by an emerald green Halston dress (think SJP on the cover of Elle 1/11) into a little boutique called M Clothing. After browsing a perfectly selected mix of some of my favorite labels, I was just about out the door when I spotted them: Drama Wide Leg Trousers by the new label Mother Denim.

Upon first glance, they had everything I long for in a pair of jeans - a perfectly not-too-high, high waist, long flares at the bottom, (I have Latina hips so God bless the return of the flattering bell) and the appearance of a good, worn-in, true-vintage pair of jeans. And when I tried them on... OH. MY. JEEZ. Girls, listen carefully now - soft like butter! They felt like wearing pajamas, no joke. And when topped off with a high wedge, my legs seemed to go on for miles. MILES. I'm truly, madly, deeply, in love. And while I'm the first one to preach the frugal and fabulous, sometimes a little investment can go a long way. 

I'm already plotting ways to convince the hubs that these are a necessity!

Shop for them here or here! For more info on this fabulous new label - check out the Vogue article here.

{Photo #1 by Adam Secore, Jean photos by Revolve Clothing}