Mother in Law...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yesterday was Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. It also happened to be the anniversary of the last day my beautiful Mother in Law spent on earth.

I never had the honor of meeting her, and I so wish that I did. Everyone says that my husband is so much like his beloved mama, that his sweet nature, and kind spirit come directly from her. Every time I look at a photo of her, I feel grateful for such a powerful female presence in his life, one that still lingers in our home today... in heart and thoughts and memories spoken... and what made the man I love so much, so much of who he is.

We love you Kathy. xx

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful! She is beautiful, your writing is beautiful and it made my heart swell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. That means a lot. Every time I think about her, my own heart swells. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is just lovely. She is extremely beautiful. Yay for amazing mothers that made our men so perfect.

    C x
    http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and she's thinking the same thing about you, dear friend. sending you lots of love and hugs today. :)
    xo,
    sylvie
    http://www.silverylining.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely tribute. Having a sweet and caring husband is definitely a gift worth thanking the MIL for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I DO have tears in my eyes!
    She was gorgeous... Life is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post for a beautiful woman. My mother always told me you can tell how a man is going to treat you by the way he treats his mother. It's too bad you didn't have the opportunity to witness their relationship but you have the rest of your lives together to savor her influence.

    http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...