A 2 year old birthday party (& a really good sugar cookie recipe)

Thursday, September 1, 2011


 
Let's face it, as mom's we try to do it all, even if that means no sleep, no rest & at times, major stress. (My poor hubs, for putting up with me - homemade everything? What was I thinking?) I nearly knocked myself out with a month of travel (styling & being in my best friend's wedding) & straight into planning my baby's 2nd birthday party. But I took some advice & actually tried to enjoy the party & the fruits of all my labor this year... and you know what? It worked. We had a blast. And somehow the "difficult" seems to fade away, just looking at all these pictures, and that 2 year old, happy little face. 

 Alton Brown's Sugar Cookies
(The best I've ever made!)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
  • Bake at 375 for 7-8 min, rotating half way through


    For complete baking instructions - go here
    For last year's 1st birthday party - go here
    My Pinterest inspiration board for this party - here
    I wore a Calypso Tunic with shorts and flip-flops - last seen here

13 comments:

  1. What a great party and glad you got to enjoy it! And thanks for sharing the recipe and pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhw Happy birthday!
    She is adorable´! and the cakes look delicious..
    My daughter´s birthday is next tuesday so i´ve got some baking to do... Wish I was as talented as you to do that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is way too cute. The party looked awesome, and you did such a great job with decor etc (which does not surprise me as you have proven to be really creative!). I'm glad that your daughter had a great birthday! Two is a super fun age - enjoy every second, it goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great mom! You've made a dreamy celebration , love how everything is so perfectly matched, she's so lucky to have you as a mommy!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. awrhh the food looks soo soo cute, shes lucky to have u as a mummyyy :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all YUM! 2ndly Stella looked ADORABLE!! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sucha cute little 2 year-old party :) You did a great job, T and your daughter is so precious... love her dress!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your little princess is so cute - love the pink skirt and pink bow <3

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homemade and handcrafted is the perfect party in my book!
    Everything looks gorgeous!
    Happy Birthday to your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is beyond adorable..and that DRESS! OMG!
    Supermama...thats what you are!!
    Happy Labor Day weekend girl.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super mom and gorgeous baby. Looks like your hard work made her day perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this seems to have been a lovely 2 year party! this little girl is really cute...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx