A 2 year old birthday party (& a really good sugar cookie recipe)

Thursday, September 1, 2011


 
Let's face it, as mom's we try to do it all, even if that means no sleep, no rest & at times, major stress. (My poor hubs, for putting up with me - homemade everything? What was I thinking?) I nearly knocked myself out with a month of travel (styling & being in my best friend's wedding) & straight into planning my baby's 2nd birthday party. But I took some advice & actually tried to enjoy the party & the fruits of all my labor this year... and you know what? It worked. We had a blast. And somehow the "difficult" seems to fade away, just looking at all these pictures, and that 2 year old, happy little face. 

 Alton Brown's Sugar Cookies
(The best I've ever made!)
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
  • Bake at 375 for 7-8 min, rotating half way through


    For complete baking instructions - go here
    For last year's 1st birthday party - go here
    My Pinterest inspiration board for this party - here
    I wore a Calypso Tunic with shorts and flip-flops - last seen here