Weekend Glamour

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I stumbled upon this gorgeous photo of my very good friend,  (and Stella's Godmother) Annabel Schofield from back in her modeling days. I'm just obsessed with it. I think I was meant to be born in a different era because this, to me, is a woman being a woman. It's so glamorous and retro... she looks like Lauren Bacall! Which reminds me of a favorite quote by Miss Bacall that always strikes home with me, especially when it comes to the entertainment business. I think of my own life as an actress, flipped in another (much more satisfying) direction that I'm leading on my own terms, and my dear friend's former life as a Vogue cover model - turned Top Industry Producer, now running her own company.

I am not a has-been. I am a will be.
~ Lauren Bacall 

Take that, Hollywood. xx