Sunday Finds & My First Vintage Skirt

Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Monday, lovely friends... I found this perfect black poly button up on a $1 thrift shop and after a few button repairs, it was as good as new! I'm loving it with my very first (ever!) thrifted skirt that I had redesigned into a mini. It was serendipitously cool that I found it just in the nick of time for fall, after being packed away for SEVERAL lost seasons in a suitcase I never use.
(New here? I'm obsessed with scoring vintage pieces and making $1 thrift finds look like a million. (The key is mixing in designer/high end and often just a good shoe/bag!) I do major vintage redesigns with my styling partner and we share tutorials with you on how to do it all at Secondhand Star - check it out here!)
Speaking of awesome finds, my Sunday thrift shop yesterday did not disappoint... Ready?
This FREAKING ADORABLE knit vintage fox sweater for a cool $3.25 (Don't you just love?!)
And this truly unique blouse for $1 that I just pulled off the rack and purchased without even trying it on. I KNEW it would work tucked into a fitted pencil. I was right.
Stay tuned to see how I styled them both! And check back in this week for the winner of the leather bracelet giveaway, another (A-MAZING) jewelry giveaway, pix from event coverage, and more!

10 comments:

  1. One should never underestimate the value of a dollar, just look at those pieces! Great job with the adjustments, this look it's simply chic and perfect!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I love that wolf sweater. You need to sell some of the stuff you find because I'd certainly buy that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this whole look and the adorable tops you scored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. T, you styled your skirt to perfection.. I couldn't have done it better myself... you look so quirky and chic.. love it :)

    You look great in a top knot btw... AND I am LOVING that vintage sweater... so rad!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bottom blouse is freakin adorable! I love your outfit too.
    I got an awesome blouse/jacket combo at Goodwill this weekend, I can't wait to show it off. Thrifting can be so rewarding!

    Miranda
    Hosting a giveaway at www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this skirt, you look great!

    Hannah

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you thank you. That skirt is awesome and so is the fact that you redesign vintage. I hope to do that one day, well, I'll have a lot more time to do it now. xoxoxo

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  8. just like you, I love to thrift!! such great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...