My trick for killer lashes

Friday, March 30, 2012

As you know, I'm a big fan of false lashes and wear them for almost every big night out, especially when I know I'm going to be photographed, they just make your eyes POP.  But for those moments (aka most days) when you want the fabulous without the false, I've come up with my own killer method for making every day lashes HUGE. 

1. Use a hairdryer to lightly heat your eyelash curler. Hold it on the curler for a few seconds. Check the heat on the back of your wrist before applying to your lash. (You don't want it too hot, just warm!) This also helps to melt away clumped up, old mascara. Wipe clean with a tissue.

2. You must use a good eyelash curler. They really are worth the investment. My favorite is Shiseido, it works like magic!

3. Use one coat of a lash lengthening/thickening mascara, with a brush that separates lashes. I'm loving Clinique lash doubling mascara. Once this dries, curl again.

4. And finish it off with a super voluminous mascara, such as Maybelline "Falsies" (found in drugstores). The combination of two different types of mascara, really does the trick!