Simple Savory Salmon

Monday, May 21, 2012





As my husband will attest to, I'm not a serious chef. OK, let's be honest. I'm really not even that great of a cook. But I'm trying. I do LOVE to bake, however. In my opinion, you either have the baker gene, or the chef gene and I have the former. But I still need to feed my family and find a way to do so in a healthy manner. Enter: This super easy, baked salmon recipe adapted from All Recipes.com 
I even used the leftovers for a healthy and delicious salad the next day for lunch! 

Dinner - Baked Salmon

2 fillets of salmon (I cut them in half)
2 cloves of garlic - minced
2 Tbs olive oil
1 lemon - juiced and zested
1 Tbs parsley (fresh is better, but dried is fine)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl. Place salmon inside and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate and marinate for at least one hour. (The longer the better.) Bake salmon in glass baking dish, covered with foil for 30-40 min, depending on how thick the fillet is. Bake with the entire marinade covering the fish.  Serve with a steamed or grilled vegetable. 

Lunch - Salmon Salad

I baked this salmon for three (including a toddler) so there was at least a half a fillet left over for this salad the next day. I used the leftover zucchini I grilled up as well. Chopped some baby carrots, iceberg lettuce, two boiled eggs, and threw in some canned garbanzo beans for good measure. The dressing was a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic. Delicious!