Fancy faux bob tutorial!

Friday, October 19, 2012


I'm a big fan of the faux bob. Mostly because at least once a month I want to hack my hair completely off. Now that I have two babies, the urge is getting even stronger. So to keep me away from the kitchen scissors (I've made my stylist promise to never cut it off right after I have a baby) I found another way to get my fix - a seriously cute faux bob created by just using a headband! 

Here's how you do it: 
1. Start with a little wave and texture in your hair. Find the prettiest, glitziest headband and place it around your head like a crown. Grab a hold of your mane in the back like a low ponytail. 

2. Tuck the ends of the pony up and over into the headband.


3. Roll. And roll again. Tucking tightly as you go. (The amount of times you roll is dependent on the length and thickness of your hair. In my case, I rolled three times.) 

Miraculously, no bobby pins were needed! But if you want a more secure and stylized version, feel free to play around with bobby pins. Mist with a little hair spray and you're done! 

Let me know if you give it a try!