2012 ~ Year in Review

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 was a blur. All I know is that I had a baby. My daughter turned three (!!!). The hubs and I celebrated four years of marriage and six years of togetherness. And I championed through one of the most challenging years of my life, all while still giving a rats ass (most days) about what I wore. That's a victory in itself, if I do say so myself.  Here, I break down some of my favorite moments and some of your favorite looks of the year:


I spent a big part of 2011 and 2012 working in Home Design for Calypso St. Barth. It was a great experience and so inspiring on so many levels. I truly believe that fashion, art and interior design are one in the same, and if I am feeding at least one of these passions, I'm a happy mama. A special moment for me - organizing and leading a collaboration with Dress for Success.
Big into white jeans for cold weather - Paige Denim (L&R) (L) Calypso St. Barth cashmere, H&M necklace, MRKT sandals (R) Striped tee, Vintage boots, Vintage blazer in both.

I was starting to feel a bit weird early January, so I took a test. Yep! Preggos. Here in this beach shot I was looking for content to post and wanted so desperately to be anywhere else. So I was dreaming of a shoot I did for Sunset Magazine and the glorious beach I got to visit. If you've missed all the hype that Princess Kate is bringing to the subject, have a quick read about it. Hyperemesis is no joke. In my case, I had to be on meds to stop vomiting and I was extremely ill for 16 weeks.
(L) Sweater - Calypso St. Barth. I remember showing up for work one day and seeing this sweater on display. I had to have it. I stripped off my AA Floral jumper and made it happen. Worn with Genetic Denim & Vintage seed bead necklace.

By March I was feeling much better and ready to tell the world about my pregnancy but still had to wait to share the news. A tiny bump was starting to appear and I was still trying to find ways to hide it. A fun collaboration with JewelMint led to this post, which inspired an artist, the amazingly talented Amy Lynn to paint me. The hubs surprised me soon after with the purchase of it.
My favorite red beret, Calypso V-neck tee & JewelMint Bolero neck piece.

Some fun events I had the pleasure of attending and covering. A tastemakers event with Hip'tique in honor of Marilyn Monroe and a Designer Networking event with Calyso St. Barth and some of the most talented interior designers in LA.
(L) Hatch Collection Dress, JewelMint Necklace, Vintage accessories. (R) Calypso Dress, Forever21 Tuxedo Blazer. 

Come mid-summer I was getting huge and decided to just embrace the bump! I challenged my preggo readers to do the same and find a way to feel sexy and stylish at the same time.
(L) Thrifted leopard dress, vintage denim & bangles (R) Vintage dress, Forever21 accessories.

August was a huge month. Stella was turning three on the 28th, and baby boy was due right around the same time. So I threw her butterfly birthday bash two weeks early, as to not steal her thunder and go into labor on her big day. Bodhin James arrived August 31st.
Baby girl dress via Zullily - the best online sample sale site for the little ones! Little Bo is wearing a super soft onsie from Kicky pants at less than 24 hours old.

A favorite cap to the year was doing some really fun collaborations via my advertisers over at Blogher. This post was one of my faves - a transformative beauty post on makeup - Less is More, with Sonia Kashuk products for Target. Here, I was showing how to either do a bold lip, or smoky eyes. Two of my go-to looks. 
Sweater - Calypso St. Barth cashmere. Makeup products by Sonia Kashuk for Target. Waves courtesy of hot rollers - try it if you haven't! 

I'm so excited to see what 2013 has to hold! Looking back, things are never what you expect them to be, but I think there's a lesson somewhere in there about letting go... Thank you so much for continuing on this journey with me. I love you all.