Details... & a vintage tee {story}

Wednesday, January 30, 2013



I have a funny story that you probably won't believe. One of my best friends was shopping at an outdoor mall here in LA many, many years ago, when he was approached by one half of a celebrity couple. The male half of the couple asked him if he could literally buy the shirt off of his back. It was a cool vintage tee that my friend adored, but he was so starstruck and taken aback by the request that he agreed. The celeb couple then took him shopping to pick out any shirt he wanted to wear home. 

It was Billy Bob and Angelina Jolie. 

I pulled a similar move and offered to buy this Magic Castle t-shirt off of someone's back when I saw her wearing it a few months back. She didn't even know what the Magic Castle was and happily agreed to a trade instead of cash. I gave her a cool, striped shirt in return. How's that for star power?