That day I cut all my hair off... {for Locks of Love}

Monday, January 14, 2013

Well, guys... I did it!
Here I am at Color Lab Tierrasal with owner/hair master Juvencio Jimenez, discussing the cut and length we need to donate to Locks of Love. Juvi was the perfect man for this job because he's more of an artist than anything else and I knew I'd get something amazing. 

{You should check out his work on Instagram @colorlabtierrasal}
No, really... he's amazing... and not scary at all. {Not pictured, champagne courage.}
Deep breath. 
Here we go...
This piece is going to make a wig for a little angel baby who needs it more than I do... and I can't tell you how incredible that feels. 
A little color to add dimension... 
And we're done! 

They say it's important to do things that scare you. They also say that real happiness comes from authentically giving of ones self, from the heart, to another.  In this case, I successfully did both. And it feels like a fantastic way to start the year.

If you're not aware of what Locks of Love does, have a read about it here