On going blonde, wearing hats and having a daughter

Thursday, February 7, 2013



I have been super casual lately, trying to get our life in order after the move. Plus, most of my clothes are still packed away in boxes and storage and I haven't had a chance to pull them out yet, seeing as though kitchen and kiddos are taking priority over mama's wardrobe.

I'm still experimenting with having short hair and somehow love wearing hats so much more with a bob. I even considered going blonder again, (evidence you may have seen recently on my Pinterest board.) I have had just about every color hair you can imagine and sported long, blonde locks for a big portion of my acting career. So I thought, why not lighten this new look up a bit? (As if chopping it off wasn't dramatic enough! I can't help it. I find it so much fun to mix things up from time to time!)

But one little thing halted me dead in my tracks this morning... My sweet Stella was getting dressed for school and looking at herself in the mirror. She twisted a tiny finger around a dark chestnut swirl and said "Mama, I really wish I had blonde hair." I just about cried for her and swooped her up into my arms, covering her in kisses and compliments and telling her how beautiful brown is, but more importantly, how beautiful being yourself is. Guess I won't be headed into highlight territory any time soon. Thanks for the reminder, my darling. Mommy loves you. (And our chestnut swirls!)

4 comments:

  1. So sweet. Kids give the best reminders about the important things in life.

    -Kirsten
    mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! Absolutely beautiful! It's scary how early the "programming" starts....sad, really. But it's so endearing and beautiful how you turned it around! Serene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit and the colour of your hair is just gorgeous - so glamorous and shiny!

    xoxo, Nina
    www.my-style-diary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely keep the dark locks- firstly it looks amazing on you! And secondly its a great message for your daughter, well done you :) xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...