Moving to France... {Inspired}

Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's interesting how art and music and pain shape us creative types into who we are. Years ago, my sister wrote a song about the desire to move to France and dance with Jim Morrison on his grave. The song is about the need to get away from it all and move away into a new life. She never moved to France... And as you know, I recently traveled there...

So, I wrote her lyrics on a piece of hotel paper and photographed them on the streets of Paris, where they belong.

I used to relate to the torment of this song... and even now, when my life if full and filled with love and contentment,  I am moved. And I realize, so clearly, that those moments, encapsulated by a song I know so well... helped to shape me into the woman I am today. And I'm grateful.

Hope you're feeling raw and open and inspired today.

xx