California Christmas

Tuesday, December 10, 2013




Caftan - Calypso St. Barth (similar
Stella's dress - Vintage, Stella's leggings - Old Navy, Stella's vintage inspired clips - Anthropologie



You wanna know how sneaky of a mom/wife/stylist I can be? We totally didn't plan on taking family holiday photos this day. The hubs had a great idea to enjoy one of the last perfect-weather days at El Matador Beach, just the family, one sunny Sunday afternoon in November. Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to snag that family photograph we'd need come December, I tucked a favorite vintage dress of Stella's into my bag, that perfectly complimented my Calypso St. Barth caftan, and made sure my dudes were in coordinating dark denim and muted colors. 

The key is to not let anyone know you want to take photos. Once you do that, it's more of a nonchalant "Oh, look! I happened to bring my camera! Let's ask someone to take some shots of us!" 

Wouldn't you know it, the first long-haired, bearded gentleman I asked, happened to be a professional photographer with a kind face and willing spirit, happy to play along in my silly game. 

We even captured that one, magical shot… all of us (including babies!) looking and smiling to camera. But that's the photograph reserved and tucked away into a carefully addressed envelope, to be delivered by Christmas day.

Hope you're enjoying your moments. xx