Vintage Carolina Herrera Dress

Monday, April 7, 2014








Argh... who needs a professional camera anyway? Nikon still on the fritz, the hubs snapped these iPhone shots of my outfit for a very special dinner and birthday celebration for one of his oldest friends over the weekend.

It was such a fun evening.

Immediately upon returning home, though... I realized why buying vintage can sometimes be tricky. Don't get me wrong - the fact that I scored this gorgeously detailed Carolina Herrera dress for under twenty bucks and it fits me like a glove, is one of those thrifting dreams-come-true. But we (the hubs and I) had some trouble getting me out of it at the end of the night. The zipper was more than a little stuck. It wouldn't budge. And I found myself at that strange, freak-out point where I was pretty near severe claustrophobia and had to get that thing off of me at all costs. So we ripped it. Right down the seam and then some. Tragic, I know. But I have a very good tailor that I'll be bringing a nice, warm cup of coffee to very soon, in hopes that she can save it.

Have a fabulous week!

T xx

Shop Carolina Herrera at Neiman Marcus
Cap Toe Pumps - c/o Sole Society
Clutch - TJ Maxx
Necklace - JewelMint