Styling for Freedom & Fashion // A beautiful organization

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what is most important in my life.  Where do I put my focus, my efforts? Aside from the obvious, and most significant job of being a mama to two rascals, there are so many things that I love to do. There are so many artistic avenues that I've been lucky enough to explore throughout the years, especially since the inception of my companies, Sechoir, and now back to my roots at November Grey and the one thing I always come back to is fashion and styling. When I was younger, I would rip pages from fashion magazines to inspire my thrift-store outfits, surely no one would notice that this top was $2 dollars due to the lack of money my family had, if only I styled it the right way. This way of thinking forced me to be creative, to think outside the box, and it has served me well my whole life. 
Here with FNF Director Laverne Delgado-Small and Stylist Clifton Davis Clarke

When I first met Freedom and Fashion Founder, Laverne Delgado-Small, we had lunch to discuss how we could work together. We got right down to it. Sharing stories of our pasts and our desires to serve and to give back. This woman is such an inspiration. She has dedicated her life to helping troubled youth grow and succeed in a tough world through the skills and confidence they gain in this touching and inspiring program. 

I was eager to be a part of this organization from the moment I learned what it was all about. Over the course of several weeks this program mentors and assists with the creation of an entire fashion line designed by these young students, and ends with a spectacular fashion show. I was there to style, to serve and to assist, but in the end, it was I who gained so much. Being able to use my talents and what I'm passionate about for such a good cause filled me to the brim. 



Below are some of my favorite looks from the fall/winter2016 Reign show.  I had the privilege of styling these looks alongside my partner, the uber talented stylist Clifton Davis Clarke.

Designed by Z TRAN
Designed by Z TRAN
Designed by Kennedy & Kayla (See Kennedy's video here!)



"REIGN" Fashion Show 2016 - Freedom and Fashion from Freedom and Fashion on Vimeo.


To learn more about Freedom & Fashion check out their website here.

All photography by Ryan West.
SaveSave