I think I'll go to Boston

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I used to have these fantasies about packing it up, leaving LA for good, and moving my butt to Boston. It might have had something to do with the fact that I was dating the wrong guy, working in the wrong field and pretty much doing things the WRONG way.



But it sure was a nice fantasy for a very long time... My best friend lives there and after a particularly bad day, I'd call her up and we'd spend hours on the phone, hashing out the problem, and always ending our conversations with the decision that I'd move there.
It never happened. And I'm glad for that, because now I'm happier in my life than I've ever been. (There's something to be said for perseverance, eh?) Although LA is home, and I've grown to love it for all that it is (the good, the bad, the wonderful and amazing) there will always be a special place in my heart for good ol' Boston, Massachusetts and that particular life-line fantasy.
My recent trip to Boston, was taken by train from New York, and I had the unique opportunity to view this part of the country, as it whizzed by in flourishes of green and industrial gray.

After finding a local park, with blossoms blooming, green grass everywhere, and surrounded by churches and blue skies, I pretty much thought I could re-live this fantasy over and over again... (Not quite unlike the song)
But indeed... My favorite part of the trip was all the shopping on Newbury Street! (Big surprise) ~ Where I found the most STUNNING shop called Allsaints Spitafields. Rich buttery, leathers in boots and jackets in the most unique cuts. Sharp yet subtle details, classic and modern at once. The fitted tops and coats contrasted nicely with the feminine swirls and luxury basics. Sort of "wearable avant garde", if you will. All in such interesting, neutral palettes. Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff. You must check it.