Confession

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I have a confession to make...
Sometimes I buy a super cool item of clothing for my husband... (I'm so sweet!)


That I know I'll wear as well! (Is it wrong of me to be so resourceful?)


I found this awesome long sleeved, striped tee at Club Monaco a couple months back, knowing he'd get a lot of use out of it (and so would I!) Currently inspired by all of J Crew's stripey, lovely, goodness, I decided to rock my own version of this trend while going out on a (rare) date night with the hubs.

On our way to LaCabana, I convinced him to take a few shots of me, and the once grumpy, hungry companion, turned all smiles and amusement declaring "my wife is ridiculous." Indeed. I'll accept that. But after a few more shots (of tequila this time), some exhausted laughter, and admitting the truth about how HARD it is to be parents, we realized just how lucky we are to have each other and our little bambina too.


Shirt - Club Monaco (on sale for $20!) Find a similar here at J Crew
Necklace - H & M $10
Jean shorts - (cut from old pair of jeans)
Belt - Vintage
Jacket - Mossimo - $5 (thrift!)
Shoes - Stuart Weitzman - Retail $375
(but click
here for back story on my mission to buy these shoes! I paid $66 out of pocket!)

We stumbled back home feeling fuzzy and free and couldn't wait to peek in on our sleeping angel, all snuggled up in dream land.

Then we peacefully drifted off into our own..

For Ricky. I love you. xx