Harvest Moon ~ Fall Equinox

Friday, September 24, 2010

Saying hello to Fall has never been more magical. Not since 1991 has a Full Moon occurred on the same night as the Autumn Equinox. And not until 2029 will it happen again. This rare and mystical occurance took place last night around 11pm... what were you doing?
Taking one last chance to wear my beloved boho kaftans and warm summer night gear, the hubs and I sat on our back porch swing, sipped champagne, and talked about the holidays to come.
We also caught a concert on TV of James Taylor & Carole King performing live at L.A.'s Troubadour back in 2007. An epic night that I wish I could have experienced...

I am in sincere awe of both of them. Something about each of their voices brings me into such a calm state of peace and childlike happiness, that I can't help but smile, dance, and remember wonderful days in my lifetime... like a slide show of memories with each favorite tune...
Check out this video of them both back in 1971 performing So Far Away. (Miss King was so adorable and stunningly beautiful! ~ A long haired hippie man Taylor wasn't so bad himself!)
Sending much love and wishes for a beautiful fall season, filled with everything that makes you feel good. xx

14 comments:

  1. thanks for commenting on my blog!

    xoxo,
    F

    http://lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the caftan! looks very bohemian chic :) i just read your bio on your blog, beautiful and eloquent. thanks for sharing that.. so much more than most people offer. love that.

    brit
    www.wewhoshop.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. your november grey story reminded me of a German girl I once knew yrs ago...similar thing. didn't know her well, but she was the most gorgeous girl i had ever seen.. tall,naturally blonde hair, ivory skin and beautiful brown eyes. 13 yrs later i named my daughter Elke after her! ;) just a fun story i thought i would share.
    brittin
    www.wewhoshop.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's incredible! Most people don't know the effect they have on our lives. Thanks for sharing and for your sweet comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend the evening! I love your summery kaftan. It's gorgeous! Looks like I missed the harvest moon. Darn! Thank you again for ur comment on my blog:) You have a lovely blog here, too!

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kaftan is gorgeous? Where is it from? I'd be glad if you found the time to visit my blog - if you like it (and I hope you will), feel free to comment and follow of course. Love VL xo

    http://www.iamvintagelover.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog, just became a follower!! Come back and visit
    Velvet Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that outfit! Have a good rest of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey babe.
    It's my first time on your blog :-) You are welcome to comment on my blog and follow me<3
    Kisses.
    http://www.julia-louise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very nice blog!:)
    lovely outfit!

    http://verychiclist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely way to spend the evening! You look gorgeous in the kaftan. I was actually at a concert, but it was in downtown Atlanta so I didn't get a chance to look for the moon, but I have been enjoying the gorgeous harvest moons we have been having lately! Can't wait for fall! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the clip was great, they are so unpretentious and just so talented.

    Love your kaftan and the swing seat sounds so nice....and champagne :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw James Taylor & Carole King at the Bowl in May, they're fantastic. James Taylor's voice is the definition of sincerity.
    Love your blog!

    alwaysanerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...