Heat Wave: Abbot Kinney Festival!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Angeleno's... can I get an amen?  How hot was it this weekend?!  And apparently this heat wave isn't over yet,  so hopefully you haven't packed away all of your summer gear (like I have!)
 I basically threw an old lacy dress over a slip and headed out the door (family in tow!)
There was much to see and do, despite the scorching heat.  Including my favorite past time...
I was truly in my element when I spotted a sidewalk sale from one of Abbot's finest vintage, selling a basket full of goodies for $5!  I found an adorable peach dress (circa late 70's/early 80's), that will be perfection once I have it tailored a bit.  (Just you wait!)
I also noticed this Bare Essentials makeup truck (that I keep seeing everywhere!) that does quick makeup touch ups.  What do we think, girls ~ would you stop here?
Oh, and I practically stalked this girl to try and snap a picture.  She was so lovely with her bright red flower, & matching matte red lips, cycling around the festival...
If the lines weren't so long for lemonade, and the heat wasn't practically unbearable, we would have stayed a bit longer...
 Perhaps to do some antiquing for our little bungalow...
We opted instead for a six pack on the walk home, and some back yard hammock swinging... 
 OK, summer... jokes over.  Can we have our fall back now?
xx