For the love of Peaceful Romance

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Three years ago yesterday, the hubs (previously known as the boyfriend) asked me to marry him.
And soon, we'll be heading off to Mexico, the very place where we were wed, to watch some of our closest friends say their own I do's. 
I snapped these pictures upon the arrival of our wedding week and looking at them now,  I'm reminded of all the crazy emotions swirling around inside me at that very moment.  That sweet rush of anticipation... the desire to become someone's wife.  To someone, quite frankly, who had just about become a myth to me.

That ONE RIGHT GUY.

And then he was there.

Look, I realize there are no guarantees in life. I realize that situations, feelings and people change. But I'm going to bet on this one, and I'll tell you why...

I did a lot of soul searching while writing my wedding vows, and the one word that kept coming to mind was peace.  And how without even trying, he brings that into my life.

So now... after 2 years of marriage, 4 years of being a couple, 1 tiny person (who looks a lot like the both of us) and close to a decade of knowing eachother, to me... love and peace are one in the same.