Designer Event ~ Heidi Merrick/Calypso Tunic

Friday, March 4, 2011

Last night I spent the eve at Calypso Home in Brentwood, lost in a sea of gorgeous pillows and shams.
It was a trunk show and celebration for designer Heidi Merrick, who designs not only pillows and blankets, but pretty amazing clothing as well.
If I had my druthers, I'd spend my life in a home designed by everything Calypso has to offer, opening my giant walk-in to a closet full of dresses like the above.
Heidi was gracious and quite funny too, and we chatted not only about fashion, but our little girls as well, only a few months apart in age, and how they've changed our lives so completely (and all for the better).
Add in two handsome side kicks for the evening (no, neither one the hubs)...
A little Calypso tunic I'm a bit "boho obsessed with" (and can't wait to wear to Mexico soon!)
Some sweets, some bubbly...
And it pretty much was the perfect evening....
Click here for more on Heidi in "Seven Minutes with Heidi Merrick" at Elle.com.
P.S. - Check out my side project here for a vintage take on Military Balmain!