Calypso Beaded Dress + Casual Elements = Work Day

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When I purchased this gorgeously detailed Wood Bead Calypso dress, I couldn't wait to wear it with my fave sky-high Weitzman clogs, long & loose locks, and smoky eyes for a night out to dinner with the hubs.
Which I did. But then the other day I saw it hanging in my closet and thought, I want to wear it again! But how to make it casual for a workday?
Granted, I do work in fashion and home design, so I have a little glam-leeway, but I think by adding some casual elements like leopard flats, a short sleeved button-up, and wide vintage belt you can take just about any shmancy dress down a notch.
My fave pairing of wooden bracelets as of late (Mother in Law heirloom + two thrifted vintage) and an always timeless vintage clutch.
Easy top knot bun and I was out the door.
Beaded dress available here! Also, a tunic in the same style here!