Abbot Kinney Festival 2011 - AA Maxi Skirt

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I can't believe it's already been a year since our neighborhood was taken over by the masses for the annual Abbot Kinney Street Festival. Despite it being difficult to push our way through the crowds (don't worry, we knew side street cut-arounds) we had a great time last weekend, and it's always nice to be reminded of how cool our neighborhood is.
The hubs and I got into a discussion on how he thought it felt more like a walking fashion show than a festival, and how it's a bit unrealistic for standards of the rest of the world. I had to remind him that this is LA, that we both decided to move here, and that I'm rather inspired by this "walking fashion show" every day.
 I mean, just look at how cute and creative this girl is! Walking art, more like it.
It's become a tradition in our family to buy one item from Timbuctu State every year. (Those super cool "True Beauty is Within" tees you see everywhere - see Etsy shop here) The hubs got his fave sweatshirt from them a couple years back, and I found this amazingly soft, asymmetrically cut tee this year that I just LOVE.
There's always time for some vintage window shopping. This gorgeous necklace below reminded me so much of a line I'll be collaborating with for a giveaway soon... I can't wait to share it with you guys!
  We found the cutest little vintage book that monkey just adored...
 And some other gorgeous goodies that I had to pull myself away from...
After all, a certain somebody needed to take her new itsy bitsy spider for a walk.
 I'm wearing an American Apparel Maxi Skirt & Vintage Scarf
See last year here