Skinny Trick: Summer Pasta Salad

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

With summer rearing to an end, and not a moment to spare (and still, a big, fat September issue of Vogue I have yet to devour!) I thought I'd share an easy and tasty summer pasta salad recipe that had my family singing praises recently.
It's adapted from "Flo's Summer Bow Tie Pasta" via Zabar's of New York. 

1 Lb Bow Tie Pasta (Farfalle)
1 Whole Bulb Fresh Garlic
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1 Bunch Fresh Basil
1 Bag Ripe Cherry Tomatoes
1 Lb Fresh mozzarella balls
Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook the pasta al dente. Slice and clean the garlic, saute it in a pan with olive oil. Toss the olive oil/garlic over the pasta. Cut tomatoes in half and add into the mix. Slice basil into thin strips, add that in with the mozzarella. Salt & pepper to taste! Yum!

*Skinny trick: I like to use Smart Taste pasta, which ups the fiber content. You can also add fresh broccoli to this recipe to get in more veggies.