Sunday Finds + Warm weather hippie chic!

Monday, November 28, 2011

The extended weekend really did some goodness for my soul. Long hours of lounging and laughing with my loves, family in town I rarely get to see, and sunshine-y warm Cali weather that could rival some summer months! So I decided to give my beloved $1 hippie jeans (last worn here) and a recent vintage blouse find another go-round, topped off with a fishtail braid and platform clogs to boot! 

I also had the chance to sneak away for some thrift shopping, where I helped style my sis and her girlfriend with some stellar gems I spotted for them. Here's what I found for me...

Liz Claiborne 100% silk postcard shirt. It was around $3 bucks and I'm utterly in love with it! I'll wear it buttoned to the top, tucked into a pencil skirt or fitted, wide-leg trousers.
 Cute, right?

These amazing high-waisted wool pants - $1!
The best part is the unique way they button at the top.
Hope you had a relaxing, good-for-the-soul time too. Did anyone score any killer Black Friday deals?

6 comments:

  1. Nice outfit. Very vintage-y.

    No, I avoided the malls like a plague. Black Friday meant lots of sleep to me.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those jeans were made for you, love the braid do! Great finds, the pants are awesome!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the finds! Great score. And I love your frugal, holiday suggestions too. Sunday found me grabbing a pair of vintage, Armani, pleated, velvet trousers that are super similar. Great minds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still can't believe those jeans were a DOLLAR!
    That postcard shirt is AWESOME...true vintage...reminds me of the fun prints Nicole Miller used to do with her ties and scarves....and every once in a while she does a fun printed silk dress like that...I am recalling one with stamps all over it..
    anyway..cool find.
    Hope you had an amazing holiday.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your shoes.

    Those high-waisted hippie jeans aren't easy to wear. A hint of a curve anywhere and they make the wearer look like a sack of potatoes.
    You carry them of beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @nmaha - thank you, you're so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...