Tanya Dempsey - Allure Magazine? (November suddenly not so grey)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

OK, I have to let the cat out of the bag. I've been getting several emails and questions about being on the cover of the November issue of Allure Magazine, ever since I made it my profile picture on FB and blogger...
The answer is no. This is a fictitious magazine cover. I took part in a "model shakedown" party, where everyone tries to "out model" one another. It really is the BEST time EVER. The winning prize is a "magazine cover" our photographer deems worthy of the winning shot. 

The best part? (Well, aside from WINNING!) was that I got to play model and stylist, and everyone was wearing our redesigned clothing. {That produced these amazing shots herehereherehere.}

You must read the magazine titles above. You'll be cracking up all day. 

HAPPY NOVEMBER!!

Photo and magazine cover by Karri Bowman, Shorts - Vintage Redesign by Secondhand Star, Makeup by Lisa Dempsey

6 comments:

  1. Either way, you look gorgeous in the pic.

    www.geekettegazette.com
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Congrats on the win... I almost died for a second thinking you were actually on the cover of Allure, totally believable! My next Photoshop project in school is recreating a magazine cover with my picture on it... so this totally caught my eye! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Tanya. I actually thought it was for real! You look hot on the cover though. Totally funny. Happy November to you too!

    www.bodyandmindforallwomen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! You should send it to Allure, I'm sure they'll come knocking on your door in no time!
    xo, allie
    accordingtoallieblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the article titles :-)
    You look good enough to be on any cover :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx