Maternity trick ~ Maxi over the bump!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I've been trying to find creative ways to make my non-pregnant wardrobe work within the confines of an expanding middle. I have this really cute mini dress with an embellished braided top that is now being worn as a top. (See how I wore it skinny girl style here!)


I decided to tuck it into one of my favorite American Apparel maxi skirts and pulled that sucker over the bump!
A light sweater, a necklace wrapped as a bracelet, my new favorite tortoise shell ring, and I was good to go!
If you're pregs, try this trick. It totally works! I did it with this shorter vintage silk skirt (seen here) but there's something about a maxi that just feels current right now and still in the game!
Have a happy day!
Skirt - American Apparel, Dress (worn as shirt) - Calypso St. Barth (similar)

*28 weeks pregnant

7 comments:

  1. So, so pretty mama! I love this layering trick. I might have to try it even without the bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore how innovative you are. Good stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great!

    can i ask where you got that amazing tortoise shell ring? i've been looking for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie! Thanks for stopping by! The ring is from Vince Camuto.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...