Easy Peasy Strawberry Cheesecake

Monday, September 10, 2012

OK, kids... I'm about to jump back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon to shed these remaining baby pounds... but before I do, I wanted to share a super simple recipe to one of my all time favorite desserts - cheesecake. 
Longing for something sweet and light as the last days of summer come to a close? This recipe is so easy, and you likely have several ingredients already in your house.  I don't think I invented this recipe, however, I didn't follow one and just whipped it up one evening after dinner. I was still pregnant at the time and my hands just followed my cravings around the kitchen. (Something that happens quite often when you're knocked up.) After some research I found it's just one of those common, simple baker tricks. Who knew? 


Ingredients: 
  • Graham cracker pie crust (I had one frozen in my freezer)
  • Tub of frozen cool whip (or organic whipped topping, which we prefer)
  • Whipped cream cheese
  • Sliced strawberries
  • Brown sugar to taste

Whip  together cool whip and cream cheese with a Kitchenaid or hand mixer. Sprinkle in some brown sugar to taste, about 2 tsp. (I just wanted to add a bit more sweetness and the brown sugar created a sweet granulated texture that I liked.) Pour the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes - the longer the better. Meanwhile, slice up your strawberries or other fruit. Add berries on top. Refrigerate until served. Done and yum!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I am definitely going to have to make this.
    It looks so easy!

    Is it firm and dense or light and fluffy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Light and fluffy! So easy and so good! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh YUM, T! This is right up my alley! I am a cheesecake QUEEN! P.S. Don't you just love the premade whipped cheesecake filling tubs? They rock!

    xo
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...