here, couch and chairs from here) now is the time to put on the finishing touches. In addition to scouring online sites such as One Kings Lane and popping by any and every yard sale or thrift store I come across, the regular trip to Ikea is a must! In the home design world, I liken Ikea to the Forever21's and H&M's of fashion. Not your high-end, keep forever type of pieces, but they get the job done. And when on a budget and wanting to throw in a trendy piece or two, this place rocks. Here are some of my picks below. A little mod, a little earthy and a touch of boho. Oh, did I mention the frozen yogurt?
Tobias version at Ikea! Super affordable and actually quite comfortable.
2. I'm obsessed with this Eivor striped blanket. I snatched it up on our last trip, not knowing where to put it, but knowing it would work somewhere. It's all I needed in my little guy's room to add that perfect pop of visual interest.
3. How pretty is this aluminum Dimmig vase? I'm considering this as a larger statement piece in our living room, to hold all of my spring/summer peonies.
4. This is a motif created by Dominic Joyce called Kayla London. I think it would look great framed by an inspiration board or hung in a bathroom for a splash of color and a playful take on the current mod trend.
5. This coconut palm leaf basket by Kottebo is so much more interesting than the typical weave. I love the handles and how it's earthy, yet structured. We already have a few of these in several shelves in our home and could always use more.
6. These Lenda Curtains in light beige look so much like linen, but without the linen price tag. I layered these with white sheers in Stella's room and I'm loving the effect. They're great in white too.
7. C'mon, how fabulous is this black and white Lappljung Ruta pillow print? It's graphic and boho and can be tossed just about anywhere.
Anything you're loving at Ikea at the moment?