The Big Bang Theory

Friday, June 11, 2010

Never underestimate the power of a thick, heavy, crisp bang. (Or fringe for my Brits!) Since chopping off my locks a few months ago, several of my girlfriends have followed suit. No, I'm not bragging. I didn't invent this look. I stole it from my sister who has rocked the hell out of them for years. Since I didn't have the guts to go all the way (a la Natalie Portman in Closer), I chose to lop off just the bangs, keep the length, and have not looked back since.

The reason I love this look is because it's so easy to HAVE a "look" ~ and without really trying. Sleek and pulled together in a pony, tousled and sexy if you choose, pin straight and dramatic if you wish.

Mine have grown out a bit, so I can tuck them with a bobby pin, hide them under a headband, or wear them hovering over smoke rimmed eyes for a seriously mysterious effect. Not to mention, they always make you look younger. Cons? None, I think.

On my way to a wedding rehearsal wearing: Mother in Law's pearls, vintage purse and ring, gifted bracelet, and Chanel Particuliere Le Vernis Nail Colour. (Which is currently sold out! ~ but find a similar here.)

H&M dress from Garden Collection. Forever 21 heels


Tip: Make sure to find a good stylist! Thin and curled under are so 90210 ~ the 90's version! eek!