Tomorrow is another day

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

When I was a little girl, my mom loved the movie Gone with the Wind. I think there was a part of her that connected to the lovelorn, canny lead character, suffering from unavoidable circumstances (and falling in love with a difficult man...)
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cITmlbQKCgI/0.jpg
I was almost named Tara after the plantation in Georgia where the story takes place. I love this film. Mostly because of the sweet memories of watching a "grown up" movie with the lady controlling the VCR. (Yes, I grew up in the ages of VCR's - suck it.)

I'm a sap for romance and all things lovely and grand, and I know this has a lot to do with my mother's own feminine desires and wishes she instilled in me.

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/clark-gable-and-vivienne-leigh-in-gone-with-the-wind.jpg

Anyway, sometimes we find ourselves having a bad day, making tough decisions, or struggling through transitions, and it's quite easy to beat ourselves up. And then this quote from the movie popped into my mind.

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."

Ain't that the truth? Thanks, Scarlett. Or should I say, mom.

xx