Seven Random Things

Friday, January 14, 2011

I got this idea from a blog award that floats around, and when I was given the award a few times this past month, I thought it was time to play along.

Seven Random Things
(Stylish blogger Award)
1) I always say I'm from Arizona, but I was born in San Diego and have lived in L.A. for the past 14 years. So as reluctant as I am to call myself a "California Girl" I suppose that it's true.
2) I've been an actress for a really long time (since I was a kid in AZ), and some of my films can be seen running on cable. My favorite was an action film where I played a demon slaying heroine!  A film I did a couple of years ago is about to be released, which is weird because I feel like I've had a whole lifetime apart from acting lately.
3) I used to be really blonde.
4) The best thing I ever did was become a mom. My daughter is the best, most beautiful thing in my world, and looks just like the man I'm madly in love with.  It's put my entire life into perspective. My relationships and friendships, my career and goals... (Update: And now I have a son too! How lucky can one girl get?)
5) I come from a family of seven, and have three amazingly talented sisters. One is a singer/songwriter and the other two (twins!) also work in the entertainment biz doing hair and makeup.The girls are the crazy artists in the family, while my brothers are all quite sane and clinical. (One is actually a clinical psychologist.)
6) I started this blog because a friend of my sisters (blondie pictured below) told me she loved my style and would read it every day. (I had never read a single blog up until that point) It's been an incredible artistic outlet (and journey!) and I'm so glad she convinced me to do so.
7) I became obsessed with vintage fashion way before it was cool. We didn't have a lot of money when I was young (hello 7 kids!) so we did a lot of our clothes shopping at thrift stores. I would spend all night looking through magazines and ripping out pages, then I would try to find it, style it, and make it work via thrift. Now it's become a sport, bonding time with my sisters and closest friends, and an irreplaceable passion in styling and all fashion related ventures.  I can never pass a thrift store window without popping in!

Hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me. I love sharing with you guys! xx

14 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post! How exciting that you were/are an actress. Celebrity status!
    I know we both already know this about eachother, but I still am excited when I hear you are one of 7 like I am (and we both have twin siblings too!) It's such a blessing to be a part of a big family.

    XXXO
    M

    Bloggerista Book Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love getting to know you more and how fun to be an actress. Is it as glamorous as we all picture?

    I have 4 sisters...I love coming from a larger family.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog and must say I am in <3!!! I just added you to my roll. I will definitely be back :)
    -Marci
    http://www.balancingstilettosandscrubs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, you're the hottest mom I've ever seen. I'm not joking. Work it, woman!

    I love this post. I feel like I learned so much about you in just a few key points! What fun it must have been to grow up with a big family. :) And lucky you, to already have that thrifty eye for fashion! You and your sisters are all equally beautiful.

    And you look great with blonde hair, too! I'd love to see more photos of that.

    I have a theatre background as well -- in high school, my dream was to be on Broadway. But writing has always won out.

    How did I not know you live in LA?

    The-Loudmouth.com
    Twitter @theloudermouth
    Valentine Blog Event

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. You were born in San Diego!?
    You look so different blonde. I like the dark hair better though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great post...its nice to know a little bit more about you. You are great style!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool post :) nice photos
    love ur blog
    hope u check out mine

    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2187105/glamourgirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, your mom is pretty lol.
    Congrats on the acting. Make sure we see more of you

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad i discovered your blog via silver lining! love your seven random things and your sense of style. you and your family are gorgeous! and, i'm glad you passed along the series to sylvie. thanks for sharing...

    have a great weekend!
    xo,
    joAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved getting to know more about you ! and indeed i think you have great style too!

    i hope the new year's treating you well :)

    love, Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post...loved learning more about you!

    I just got this award too ...and now you have motivated me to share too!

    Love your blog and always leave inspired!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love you and I do read it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i adore you, dear friend, and i never tire of learning new things about you and your colorful life! a hundred thank yous for passing this sparkly award on to me! xoxoxoxo

    sylvie of silver lining

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...