Calypso Oaxaca Tunic & the death of a monster

Monday, May 2, 2011

Can I just say that I realize this is not a political forum (nor have I ever been accused of being super political myself) but I have to mention the obvious here... today I will not be reading up on fashion.

The thing that strikes me the most about the timing of it all, is the almost eerie coincidence that the announcement of Bin Laden's death, May 1st, is the exact same date that Hitler's death was announced in 1945. (CNN article here)

Well, nothing makes you want to stay in your pajamas quite like being up all night watching the impact of such historic news...
But the work week must go on. When I purchased this Calypso Oaxaca Tunic I had always intended on wearing it as a dress (and did so here and here). 

But because I yearned for something comfortable, and roomy, I tried it as a shirt with my most worn-in bell bottom jeans. To avoid the frumpy effect, I just accessorized the hell out of it.




Then took a long, loving look at everything that matters in my world. And felt grateful to be living where I do.

Have a beautiful week, loves. xx

Tunic - Calypso
Shoes - Stuart Weitzman Apron Clogs
Earrings - Forever21
Bangles - Mix of H&M, vintage, and my design (coming soon!)
Necklace - Guess from a recent clothing exchange