Mary McDonald book signing "Interiors" + Calypso St Barth

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Calypso St. Barth hosted an elegant evening with Interior Designer Mary McDonald last week, for a signing of her gorgeous book Interiors. I was lucky enough to cover the event, meet her myself, and be in on all of the fun!
If you haven't seen her on the hit Bravo TV show "Million Dollar Decorators" you really must. She truly is that striking and charming in person. 
Tanya Dempsey and Mary McDonald
There was enough music and bubbly to go around, and the circling of eager guests, just waiting to get an autograph from the woman of the hour, was definitely a sight to behold! You should do yourself a favor and take an afternoon to savor this book. You'll be transported into loveliness.
Speaking of loveliness, did I mention the backdrop was that of the breathtaking beauty of Calypso St Barth in Brentwood, CA?  
Take one peek, online (here!) or in one of the stores, and you're bound to fall in love.
Some gorgeous taste-makers and fashionable elite stopped by to support and do some shopping.
Including some friendly new faces from another recent and fabulous event. (Did you see the Hip'tique + Black Halo coverage here?)
I must admit, the night was a little more fun for me, just having a reason to swish around in this dress! The Calypso Lola Paillatte dress is a perfect party frock! (Find it here!)

How would you like to get your hands on an autographed copy of Mary's book Interiors? Enter below!

To be eligible for drawing: (Sorry, this contest is closed)
  • You must be a follower of November Grey via google friend connect or bloglovin' ~ (if you are already a follower, let me know!)
  •  "Like" Calypso Home Brentwood on Facebook (Click here!) and comment back here that you did so.
Open to international submissions
Contest ends 11/25/11 at 10pm PST
Winner will be drawn randomly & announced by 12/1/11

14 comments:

  1. i luuuuuuuv your dress!! i'd be swishing all night long too! and you're totally right, your fuschia pumps go with everything!! I love Mary McDonald, i totally watched million dollar decorators haha, i love bravo. can i say love more? ;p oh i love that you get to go to so many fun and fabulous places!

    xo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, um yes i follow ur blog and i liked calypso on facebook! :D

    xo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog with bloglovin and I just liked them on facebook! Great giveaway! Thanks for the chance! Take Care :)
    -Brianne
    lamj3@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you in that 'mermaid' dress. Screams holiday party to me. What a great event and very chic ladies.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful book, going by the cover photograph. I adore curtains in unusual places, so mystical.

    Your dress is lovely, almost like a mermaid's tail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your hair here! So beautiful! And, that dress is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off you look amazing in that dress...I LOVE it and what a fun night!

    I am a follower of your blog!

    Good luck to everyone entering!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I also "like" Calypso Home Brentwood on facebook under Liesl Kyle linked to my fashion blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Mary...she is so sarcastic and witty..I tend to love that dry sense of humor...never miss that show...hoping there is a season 2 coming for sure.
    What a fun evening...you STOLE THE SHOW in that amazing dress with the hot pink heels...such a beauty you are.
    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Carly! Yeah, she's fabulous. It was a great night. Her book is divine too. You should check it out. Or enter to win one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked Calypso on FB. Please enter me to win the book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow you of course! And also liked Calypso Brentwood on FB. Enter me! It looks like such a gorgeous book and I'm moving soon. Would love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow your blog and I liked Calypso on FaceBook.

    I love Million Dollar Decorators and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Done & Done!! Love Mary McDonald and have been wanting this design book for a while :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...