You're just confused cuz I'm a girl, but I look like a handsome boy.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Every time I hang out with my sisters girlfriend, I'm just in awe of the get-ups she puts together. Truly. This girl is STY-lin'. I kept joking that I wanted to steal and wear everything she has. So one day I actually did.
I thought it would be cool to wear the same thing head-to-toe (well, except the shoes) and show how differently two individuals (masculine or feminine) can rock the same look and make it their own.
I have to admit, I felt a bit less fragile wearing something so strong.
Don't get me wrong, I love being a woman and everything soft, and pretty, and feminine that goes along with that... but sometimes it's good to step out of the confines of societal expectations and just be.
 And this experiment has taught me just that!
 {And also inspired my thoughts on a new, evolving look!}
Well, there you have it. It started with just a sweatshirt (here) and has inspired me in so many other ways.
It's like my dad always used to say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ~  Love you, my little muse!

12 comments:

  1. i love it.you pulled it off really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! i love the heeled loafers, they're similar to a pair that i have


    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOoove this post, it looks great! Especially love that first side by side shot! She doesn't have a blog by any chance, does she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and pulled it of so well! Love your loafers!

    XOXO
    Shels
    http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she has an amazing attitude, and you totally nailed the look! She has great poses, loved your shoes!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and Creative Work!! I love the bowtie V!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is crazy sexy to me. :) love the bowtie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whata cool fashion experiment, T! So awesome! Love your shoes too! :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got caught up in your last 4-5 posts. This is a cute one. And in the same token I immediately saved the previous post for an inspiration for myself.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a fantastic idea for a blog post! I love seeing how differently this outfit looks with each of your distinct styles... and now I see what spawned your men's wear inspiration!

    xoxo,
    annie

    http://vintagediggs.com/2011/12/holiday-vintage-dress-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx