More Menswear + Inspiration Dior

Monday, December 12, 2011

Blazer - Vintage Nordstrom (children's size), Shirt - Vintage Liz Claiborne (Remember when I found it here?), Jeans - F21 via thrift, Tie - Hubs from Express (old), shoes - Bamboo (borrowed from sis)
The first time I did menswear (here) it ignited a passion that I don't think I'll be tiring of any time soon. After borrowing a bow tie & gaining serious inspiration (here) I now make it a point to rummage through my husbands closet whenever I'm lacking spark.


Tips for doing the menswear look:

  • It's all about balance
  • Off set the masculine by making hair and makeup ultra feminine
  • You can't miss with wavy hair and red lips 
  • Heels. Always heels.


PS - I am in utter heaven devouring this new Inspiration Dior book. It's a decadent and perfect mix of art and fashion and how the former inspires the latter. What are you reading lately? xx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya,
    I just landed on your blog.... and now I'm hooked! You had me at "Who is November Grey"... and now I'm itching to put together a men's wear look! Love the inspiration behind this blog and I can't wait to see what else you put together with your husbands clothes you plan to snag!

    xoxo,
    annie

    Im having a VINTAGE DRESS GIVEAWAY on my blog, please stop by:
    http://vintagediggs.com/2011/12/holiday-vintage-dress-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice contrast between the masculine inspired look and the ultra feminine look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your blog! Following now :)

    xoxo, H
    http://givemeglamourplease.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely styled.
    http://mertxehernandez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to look through that Dior book. Your outfit is a great menswear look and you have the most gorgeous hair!! xx

    http://www.laceandfadedjeans.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, T! I am seriously dying over this vintage shirt... SO AMAZING! Looks fab on you with that red lip and the shades... and the tie is so amazing too! :) Great look! I'd wear it in a heartbeat.

    P.S. Excited to hear ya'll have a fun piece for the next vintage swap... NYE post sounds great, but maybe a tad ambitious? I know we have to have 4 more girls shoot the item (including myself) after you and Noa are done... but even if we get the post up mid January it's gonna be great.. whatever works out.. I'm just excited for the next swap girl! :)

    xo
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you guys! If you ask a question, I will be sure to respond back here. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...